Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nats v Mets 5/18

Happy Birthday, Larry! (My brother)

So the Mets decided they needed a rainout yesterday.
Last week they moved their second baseman to first.
Yesterday, the move the replacement second baseman to third to make room for the shortstop of the future.

Inning 1: the first inning was better for Niese than the 2 hits suggest- the second was a seeing eye single. Reyes and Turner set up the table 2nd and 3rd with none out. Turner can't get picked off on the sac fly. Rookie mistake there- Gorzelanny got a gift with that.

Inning 2:Niese was very strong after the leadoff double. The popup for out #2 was key.

Inning 3: Not much to say here strong pitching from both sides.

Inning 4: More strong pitching. I actually called Niese's at bat. I said I'd show bunt on the first pitch- then shot it on the second and swing away.

Inning 5: Since the leadoff double in the 2nd, Niese has retired 12 straight. The Mets strand more people than airlines.

Inning 6: I would normally acept the blame for the leadoff hit against Niese because I jinxed it. However, SNY broadcast the fact first, and nobody is reading this. 2 runs added in the bottom of the inning and either Justing Turner is in a groove or even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

Inning 7: You cannot let a pitcher with a 3 run lead after 6 2/3 face the potential go ahead run. He had done his job. Sure we got away with it but that doesn't make it right. Bay swings at the first pitch with a 3 run lead and a steady rainfall. The doppler radar says it is getting more intense.

Inning 8: The puddles were getting huge. I was surprised they didn't bring out the tarp.

Inning 9: K-rod allows the tying run to come to the plate but denies him a meal as the Mets shut out the Nats for the win.

Note: I will not be live blogging tomorrow's game- it is a day game and I don't py myself enough to miss work.

No comments:

Post a Comment