Thursday, May 19, 2011

You are Here X

I thought it might be funny to live blog the rerun of this afternoon's Mets game against the Nats, but I thought better of it. With this afternoon's win, the Mets are 21-22, one game under .500. That is really not bad when you consider their 2-9 start and a few other factors I thought I'd mention here:

They started the season without their Ace, Johan Santana, who is still inactive.
The Starting Left Fielder, Jason Bay, began the season on the DL.
The Starting Center Fielder, Angel Pagan, has been out since April 22.
The Starting 2nd baseman was demoted on April 21
The Starting 1st baseman went on the DL May 11th
The Back-up 2nd Baseman who became the starting 2nd baseman became the starting 1st baseman.

I could go on, but suffice it to say that half their everyday line-up and 40% of their starting rotation has spent significant time on the DL.

Met's fans, we're just one game under and it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment