Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mets Braves 6/16 A chance to sweep

I was going to title this post "To Sweep, perchance to dream" but I don't dare jinx the Mets (which I may just have done). R.A. Dickey is reporting that his foot feels like it is finally beginning to heal. He has been pitching really well hurt, so I hope that doesn't change his fortunes. Some finesse pitchers have used feeling too strong to explain bad outings.

He gave up a run in the first. However , in the second he couldn't beat my grandmother down the line to first and she's been dead for 20 years.

Dickey struggled tonight and at 6-2 I was ready to write the Mets off. However, Nostradamus, okay his name is Owen, said the Mets, like the guy in the Monte Python sketch, were not Dead.

The Mets take the lead on a strikeout that should have ended the inning- Wow!

Byrdak was impressive in pitching his way out of trouble in the bottom of the 7th.

Top 8- Pagan never touched the bag, I'm guessing the Umpire called interference on what looks like it might have been a trip- but its questionable.

K-rod blows the save- after last night's rain delayed game, I don't know how long I can go tonight.

Bottom 10 bad miscommunication- Tejada fields the ball and the inning is over

No comments:

Post a Comment